Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Introduction

 I love hot dogs, I mean seriously who doesn’t! Everyone has their favorite local place to get a hot dog, mine is Bolley’s Famous Franks in Hallowell.

A few years back I attempted to write a book on the rich hot dog history of Maine and was unsuccessful in locating publisher who was interested in it.  I saved all my research and it just sat there for the last 4 ½ years.  I honestly still believe that this could be a successful idea, so I’m going to continue to pursue it, but in the interim I’m going blog all about it! 

This blog is going to go into detail of the Maine’s Hot Dog producers both past and present and on this blog you will find the answer as to why we have Red Natural Casing Hot Dogs in the State of Maine.  Also I will highlight as many Hot Dog stands around the state as I can during my travels. 

When I started researching this book I e-mailed many of the local Chamber of Commerce’s asking them where their favorite Hot Dog Stands were.  Whether it be a restaurant like Bolley’s, gas station, ball park, event venue, cart or roadside stand I want to know!  Feel free to e-mail me with your favorite place, and tell me why as I would like to check it out. 

I’ve also decided that although Hot Dogs and Maine is going to be my primary focus, I will blog about Burgers, Cheese, Kettle Chips, and just about anything else food related that I come across and want to share as I am an equal opportunity foodie!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile debuted in 1936 when Oscar Mayer's nephew Carl Mayer built it. Since I was a little kid I have always ...