Saturday, May 4, 2013

Nathan's Famous Franks


Nathan's Famous Franks
Original Location: corner of Stillwell & Surf Ave

There's nothing that I can tell you about the history of Nathan's Famous Franks that you can't readily find on the Internet.  They are the probably the world's most known hot dog brand thanks to the Annual 4th of July Hot Dog eating contest. 


I've had Nathan's other places before including official Nathan's franchise locations in Las Vegas and Massachusetts, but I had to go to the original stand on Coney Island that opened in 1916 and is located on the corner of Stillwell and Surf Avenues. 

Finally on June 1, 2012 myself and my buddy Jay made it down en route to the Pro Wrestling Syndicate 5th Anniversary show in Rahway, NJ. It was glorious! 

We got parked right near Nathan's and feed the meter.  The line was long and it took 45 minutes to order and get out food.
 

They tasted the best of any Nathan's frank that I had previously!




While we were their we took in the Coney Island Sideshow and rode the Coney Island Cyclone.  I have no need to ride a roller coaster again!






I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to go again.  But for historical purposes I had to go at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile debuted in 1936 when Oscar Mayer's nephew Carl Mayer built it. Since I was a little kid I have always ...