Saturday, April 30, 2016

Baseball and Hot Dogs: Fenway Frank


Hot Dogs and baseball have a long history together dating back to late 1800 / early 1900's.  I know whenever I go to a baseball game having a hot dog is a must.  How can you go to Fenway Park and not get a Fenway Frank?


Since 2009 Kayem out of Chelsea, Ma has been the supplier of the beef hot dog that is known as the Fenway Frank. My last trip to Fenway was on May 21, 2014 when Kate and I took our Mom's to a Red Sox vs. Blue Jays game.  It was a fantastic day, sadly the Red Sox couldn't pull off a win.


At Fenway you can get a Fenway Frank from almost all of the concession stands in the concourse, that's not for me.  I like getting them from a vendor that walks through the stands.  They carry this large steamer that has the buns on one side and the franks on the other.  It's 50 cents more this way, but it's worth it!  Needless to say, they are awesome!  Like all my Hot Dogs I like my dressed with just yellow mustard.


During April vacation this year my mom and I took the kids to a Sea Dogs game at Hadlock Field in Portland.  As the Sea Dogs are the AA club for the Red Sox they too serve the delicious Kayem Fenway Frank, and I had two during the course of the game.


The Red Sox are not the only team to have their own signature hot dog. The Texas Rangers have the two foot long Boomstick, the Arizona Diamondbacks have an 18 inch corn dog called the D-Bat, The Los Angeles Dodgers have the 10 inch Dodger Dog, and Kayem also makes the Rays Dog the official hot dog of the Tampa Bay Rays.  This is just a small sampling, every ballpark has their own take on it.

Thanks for reading, please feel free to leave a comment with your favorite ball park hot dog.

Later Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile debuted in 1936 when Oscar Mayer's nephew Carl Mayer built it. Since I was a little kid I have always ...