Sunday, April 24, 2016

Grant's Bakery


Grant's Bakery
525 Sabattus St
Lewiston, Maine  04240
(207) 783-2226


Grant's Bakery is one of the few real bakeries that I am aware left in Maine.  Back when I was a kid MacDonald's Bakery in Gardiner was the greatest place to get baked goods, breads, cookies, donuts, and more.

Grant's is similar in that you can get cakes, cookies, donuts, baked goods, breads, hot soups, and of course being in the heavily French community they have creton, tourtiere pie, and on Saturdays the traditional baked beans and brown bread.


I have been there many times in the past, but on this visit I picked up a peanut butter whoopie pie, and a couple ginger and molasses cookies.  I've never bought anything from there that I didn't like.

When I was a kid MacDonald's Bakery made these frosted gingerbread men cookies that were similar to these made by Grant's, however MacDonald's frosted theirs completely covered all of the cookie and not just around the edges.  Although these are close, they are not as good as MacDonald's were.


Thanks for reading, please leave a comment and check out my other posts.

Later Readers!







m

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely late here, but is the frosting the same? I'm really trying to find a cake that has MacDonald's bakery frosting... the flowers that were so crusty on the outside but almost creamy inside. So many yummy treats! I miss MacDonald's Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't say for sure. Someone just brought a cake from Grants into work here last week and I can say that the frosting was very good.

      Delete

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile debuted in 1936 when Oscar Mayer's nephew Carl Mayer built it. Since I was a little kid I have always ...