Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Simones' Hot Dogs


Simones' Hot Dog Stand
99 Chestnut St
Lewiston, Maine  04240
(207) 782-8431

Simones' Hot Dog Stand has delivered their World Famous Hot Dogs to the residents of Lewiston for over a hundred years, since 1908.  I had only been there once prior to my visit on Friday April 8th.

I arrived just before the lunch rush and sat at the counter.  Besides Hot Dogs they offer a large menu of breakfast and lunch items.  On Wednesdays steamed hot dogs are just $1, a deal you can't beat.


I myself got the #1 combo which is two steamed hot dogs, french fries or onion rings, and choice of beverage.  I got the hand cut french fries.  I watched my server cut two potatoes withe slicer and drop them directly into the fryer.  Can't get fresher than that!


The buns are New England Style top split and were steamed to perfection, the steamed dogs are Jordan's brand red snappers, any my beverage of choice was an ice cold Moxie, the official soft drink of Maine!  The whole mead was delicious!

The Steamer
Everyone working there that I had interaction were super nice making you feel right at home.  I wouldn't hesitate to go back in the future.

Thanks for reading, please feel free to leave a comment and check out my other posts.

Later Readers!


Preparing my hot dogs
Old picture I found on the internet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile debuted in 1936 when Oscar Mayer's nephew Carl Mayer built it. Since I was a little kid I have always ...