Thursday, May 26, 2016

Five Guys

Yes I am reviewing an international chain, but it's a really good one so it's ok!


I love cheeseburgers and whenever I find a burger joint, whether it be a local place or a national chain, I have to try one.  I'm fortunate that my wife makes one of the best cheeseburgers that I've ever had.

I first had the opportunity to try Five Guys in May 2011 while on vacation in Williamsburg, Virginia.  At that time we didn't have one in Maine so I was excited at the prospect of having one.  I was not disappointed.  A few months later the first Maine location opened in the Old Port in Portland and I didn't hesitate to go but was met with a disappointment. A few months later my buddy John and I went to that same Old Port locale and we were both unimpressed with out meal.


Fast foward 2.5 years to late fall 2014.  My wife is pregnant and we are traveling to Brunswick every other week for appointments and after we take the opportunity to grab a Whoper Burger at Fat Boy Drive In.  After Fat Boy closed for the season I took a leap of faith and said, "Let's try Five Guys" and I am so happy that we did.


Since then we have eaten at the Five Guys in Brunswick numerous times and have never, ever been disappointed with our food.  After Wesley was born it was the first restaurant that we took him too.

Back in early May my buddy Alex and I went to the Pro Wrestling Society show in Portland and after the show grabbed a burger at Five Guys in South Portland, yet another fantastic burger experience.  I don't know if I will ever try to Old Port one again and risk being let down.


I get my burger the same every time, cheeseburger, mayo, tomato, pickle, & relish.  The wife cheeseburger lettuce, mayo, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, and.  We get a little fry ordered hallow, and we split a Cherry Coke.


I'm definitely all about the Mom and Pop joints, but when you have a place cranking out a fantastic burger each and every time like Five Guys in Brunswick it's hard to resist.

Thanks for reading, please take a moment and leave a comment or check out my blogs other pages!

Later Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile debuted in 1936 when Oscar Mayer's nephew Carl Mayer built it. Since I was a little kid I have always ...