Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How I like my Hot Dogs

I have no particular way that I like my dogs cooked, fried, steamed, boiled, grilled, deep fried, it's all good.  I do prefer my buns to be steamed, but grilled is fine, straight out of the package at room temperature is unacceptable!  Also they need to be the top split or New England Style bun, never the side split.  J&S Oil uses the side split roll and I will not get one there.
 
                           New England Style or Top Split                      Side Split

I prefer natural casing over skinless, and rarely buy skinless hot dogs for home use.  In fact if a place serves skinless hot dogs I will order something else off the menu.

I top my dogs with mustard, usually the standard yellow variety, but I've not afraid to mix it up and try new mustard styles.  At home I like to use Raye's Mustard Top Dog variety.  Raye's is made right here in Maine in the coastal town of Eastport.

You will never, ever find ketchup anywhere near a hot dog of mine! 

Below you will find a handy list of links to all blog's Maine Hot Dog related in no particular order.




2 comments:

  1. I would like to comment and share a link of where you can buy these wonderful hot dogs if you are out of the area and would like some. They are shipped fresh and are very good. Hope this helps anyone that is looking for them. http://www.maineredhotdogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Maine. I have always liked the hot dogs from there. The red ones that is. I am hoping that these are the ones.
    How are they shipped?
    What is the cost?
    How much do you ship at a time?

    ReplyDelete

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile

The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile debuted in 1936 when Oscar Mayer's nephew Carl Mayer built it. Since I was a little kid I have always ...